Saturday, July 31, 2010

The Life That I Have by Leo Marks

The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours

The love that I have
Of the life that I have
Is yours and yours and yours.

A sleep I shall have
A rest I shall have
Yet death will be but a pause
For the peace of my years
In the long green grass
Will be yours and yours and yours. --Leo Marks

I was watching CNN's report on Chelsea Clinton's wedding when they mentioned that the bride and groom recited this poem to one another. A lakeside wedding, with the sun setting at a beautiful country estate, to the person you've known for 17 long years...i think it's just absolutely sweet.

6 comments:

  • narnian says:
    August 1, 2010 at 5:55 PM

    awwwww.

  • Angelo says:
    August 1, 2010 at 10:45 PM

    ang cheeesy mo, chris!!! hehehe! :P

  • kuri says:
    August 3, 2010 at 1:46 AM

    hangswit!

    daddy visit!

  • TianTianTian says:
    August 3, 2010 at 7:27 PM

    narnian: sweet yeah?

    angelo: i know i know i couldn't help it.

    kuri: saw your blog man..i am adding you on my list! :)

  • didinskee says:
    August 30, 2010 at 6:12 AM

    I attended a wending that read Kurt Vonnegut's Long Walk to Forever (http://www.oicqie.com/love_1/Long%20Walk%20to%20Forever.htm). A little longer, but damn sweet, too. Enjoy!

  • Fickle Cattle says:
    September 15, 2010 at 8:35 AM

    Awwww part two. I'm a sucker for love poems.

    Fickle Cattle
    ficklecattle.blogspot.com

Post a Comment