Saturday, November 19, 2011

Rome on Foot: Part II

I arrived in Rome and immediately headed out to see what the guidebooks mentioned were points of interests. But my goodness, there were just so many!

I started with the churches and the palazzos, and in Rome you see them in every corner.


I got lost a few times, and I remember desperately trying to fight off the cold especially after mid day. That's when the wind started getting nasty. I felt my ears and cheeks were numb a few times, and my lips were dry they felt like leather more than skin.

But I didn't want to stop, I thought I was wasting my time resting for more than five minutes.

With each few hundred meters I saw more. I remember saying "oh my god!" a number of times. I was just in awe. But how can one put into words just the experience of being there? More so while standing right next to these?






As customary for any tourist traveling to Rome, I threw several coins at the legendary fountains of Trevi and wished that someday I'll get the chance to see its beauty again.



I went on discovering the ancient ruins at the Palatino/Capitolino Hills. I intentionally put this spot towards the end of my day because I figured the setting sun would create the perfect lighting to capture great images. I think I managed to do just that.






I just had to see the Pantheon before calling it a day. Dinner was a big and comforting slice of warm pizza at the Piazza Navona.


My day ended with me taking a cab back to my hotel. It was getting way too cold to walk back anyway. Rome also gets a little bit scary at night, so my paranoia got the better of me. While the cab was navigating a narrow alley, I noticed signs that Christmas was just around the corner. Christmas lights in Rome were nothing compared to what Ayala Avenue has during Christmas season, but who needs lighting when the city itself is what people came there to see? I had a cappucino at a bar before settling back at my hotel.



The following day I made my way up to Vatican City, which I think was the highlight of this entire trip.




3 comments:

  • Gail Dimapilis says:
    November 20, 2011 at 3:56 AM

    I like that your photos doesn't show the crowd. Just beautiful scenery, architecture and you, of course. Lol.

  • TianTianTian says:
    November 20, 2011 at 4:15 AM

    Wow, im glad you appreciate them. Thanks! It's not my forte taking photos of people really. Im just not good with capturing moments where people are involved (except for myself, as you of course already noticed! haha)

  • Sarggy says:
    November 21, 2011 at 9:25 AM

    ganda ng shots mo ;) sana matuloy ako next year

Post a Comment