Saturday, December 17, 2011

Awestruck

It was awe inspiring in so many levels.

And I had goosebumps numerous times as I slowly strolled down the vast galleries showcasing some of the finest works of art from the masters I used to only read in books - Renoir, Gauguin, Monet, Degas, Cezanne, Seurat, Sisley, Manet, Pissarro, Cabanel, Fantin-Latour, Seguin and many many more. On every turn, in every gallery, I couldn't count the number of times I blurted out "oh my god!".

But I almost burst into tears when I saw this (I am not kidding!), the showpiece of the very last gallery of the exhibition called Dreams and Reality, at the National Museum of Singapore. More than a hundred pieces on loan from the Musee D'Orsay Paris, but being in the presence of this piece is for me one of the highlights of my life. 

Vincent van Gogh's Starry Night Over the Rhone, circa 1888. It's the real thing, hanging right there for everyone to admire. And I am one lucky chap to have seen and experienced it up close. 




1 comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
    kwentong malibog says:
    December 29, 2011 at 1:22 AM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment